We offer four models of horse and livestock shelters: Basic, Gable, Gambrel, and Deluxe:
- Basic Shelters have a single slope shed-style roof, with a 7′ rear wall and a front wall that is 8’4″ on 8′ deep shelters, 8’8″ on 10′ deep shelters, 9′ on 12′ deep shelters, 9’4″ on 14′ deep shelters, and 9’8″ on 16′ deep shelters.
- Gable Shelters have a gable roof with a 3/12 roof pitch, and have an 8′ rear and front wall height (7′ wall height on 8′ deep shelters). Gable-roofed shelters can also be made with a front 2′ overhang (add 10% for this option).
Gambrel (Barn Roof) Shelters feature an 8’ front and rear wall height (7’ height for 8’ deep shelters), with a gambrel roof. Gambrel shelters can be made with a 2’ or 3’ overhang.
Deluxe Shelters have a shed-stle roof sloping up to the front wall at a 3/12 pitch, and an overhanging slope over the front wall for extra shelter. The overhang is 4′ for 16′ deep buildings, 3’6″ for 14′ deep buildings, 3′ for 12′ deep buildings, 2’6″ for 10′ deep buildings, and 2′ for 8′ deep buildings. Deluxe Shelters have an 8′ rear and front wall height (7′ wall height on 8′ deep buildings).
Standard Construction Features For All Shelters:
- 6×6 pressure treated skids and 4×6 upright posts (back wall 4×6 uprights at 4′ on-center)
- pressure treated tongue and groove 2×8 on side and back walls, 60″ high, fastened with screws
- heavy duty 4×6 upright posts every four feet along rear wall
- heavy duty reinforcement of side walls
- trusses at 4′ on-center, purlins at 2′ on-center
- center post on all shelters 16′ or longer (optional on shorter buildings)
- 29 gauge steel (.015 thickness) with 40 year paint warranty; 20 colors to choose from
- 5/16″ steel cable loops at each skid corner, for easy moving
Shelters that are more than 14′ wide or 32′ long, or to be located in areas not accessible to our delivery truck and trailer will be built on-site. On-site construction adds 5% to the cost of the building.
HORSE AND LIVESTOCK SHELTER PRICES